Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tree Fort & Backyard

I promised pictures soon, didn't I! Pretty impressive with my timeliness, if I do say so myself...

Anyway. Tree fort first, since the pictures uploaded that way.

Here is the view from the porch (newly finished, I might add! Pictures to follow)


The windows: (again, from the ground)



Inside the fort portion:
And, finally, the crow's nest. Here are the stairs going up, and then the kids at the top:


Impressive right??

On to the patio/backyard. It was actually really hard to find pictures of what the back patio looked like before our version of extreme makeover! These pictures are from when we first started to do the project. You can clearly see that we used to have a plain concrete slab. Take special care to notice the pole.



And here is the totally finished project!:

YES! That is the pole! We basically enclosed it with 2x8's stained the wood and then built a concrete block structure as high as we wanted the base to be. We covered the concrete blocks with real rock panels and viola! A totally kick-booty drink holder!

Here are more pictures of the area: (note how impressive the grass seed has come in)



A cute purple bench that I built:


And, my favorite views: (this is coming in from the side gate)

I did manage to find this picture from when I came down for the house inspection in February 2010.

We basically eat outside for every meal. These past two weeks of to-die-for-summer-weather has been heaven. We are definitely getting our use out of the patio!

I am eagerly awaiting your comments announcing your arrival for summer bbq's, fires, and margaritas!

5 comments:

Erka said...

Naomi, this is gogeous! The fort, the patio, the yard, wow, you guys are amazing!!!

Mrs. H said...

We're a block away! :)

... and it looks AMAZING! Well done!

Becca said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I LOVE your tree house/fort. Your kids are so lucky. You should put a zip line down from the "crow's nest." My brother did that and his kids and all of their friends have so much fun on it. You guys are amazing.

Monica said...

I love everything! you guys did an awesome job.

Shauna said...

I want to LIVE in your backyard! Sometime in the next year, I want to come visit, my kids would be in heaven!